Thursday, February 21, 2013

Reader's Question: How do you determine ratings for each restaurant?

Image source: Google search


I have to be honest, I am not a food blogger at heart. I am a fashion and beauty blogger TURNED food and travel blogger because I would like to channel my love and passion for eating and travelling, hence the "about me" section says it all.

For the past few weeks, I have been in the roll in publishing restaurant reviews and I received a comment about a particular restaurant that I have made my review on. The comment-er basically asked how I will be able to rate high-end restaurants if I gave a high rating to a non high-end restaurant. I have my ways in doing reviews and ratings and I follow a very strategic way on how I do this.

Basically, I have four (4) categories for restaurants:

1. Fast Food - as we all know, fast food restaurant emphasizes on the speed of service. These types of restaurant do not offer full table service and their meals are usually served in disposable plates and cutlery. Examples of fast food restaurants are KFC, McDonald's, Jollibee, etc.

2. Fast Casual - just like fast food, they usually do not offer full table service but the difference is that they offer non-disposable plates and cutlery. The quality of food and prices tend to be higher than those of a conventional fast food restaurant but may be lower than casual dining. Examples are Bon Chon, Teriyaki Boy, 50s Diner, RA MEN OH, etc.

3. Casual Dining - this is the type of restaurant that serves moderately-priced food in a casual ambiance. in this category, I also add in some of the casual buffet-style dining like Dad's, Kamay Kainan, Kamayan, etc.

4. Fine Dining - this is the type wherein they offer full service with specific dedicated meal courses. The wait staff is usually highly trained and often wears more formal attire. Food portions are visually appealing and they have certain rules of dining which visitors are generally expected to follow often including a dress code. Examples are Heat (in EDSA Shangri-La Hotel), Spiral (in Sofitel Manila), Annabel's (which we do not own, by the way), etc.

I know that it may be a little confusing to some of you but the reason why I do this is that I want to be able to cover all types of restaurants and to give them the rating, that I think, they deserve and not minding whether they are a high-end restaurant or a non high-end restaurant.

I hope this helps you to determine how I do my reviews and ratings.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

April and the City is the brain child of beauty and fashion blogger, Miss April. She wanted to find an outlet where she can share her love for food and travel adventures with the family, thus, this blog was born.
instagram photos
Don’t miss out on the latest news, reviews, giveaways and updates straight to your inbox, subscribe today!

Copyright © 2012 palatable musings of an asian wanderer, All Right Reserved. Design by Style Diaries and Java Templates Powered by Blogger