Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Christmas x NYE 2012

The husband and I wanted to prepare something simple yet extraordinary (meaning something we don't eat every single day) for Christmas and New Year's Eve. For the past years, we've been preparing pasta dishes, lechon, etc. for the said occasion, but this year, since we are saving up for the vacation trips we've booked, we decided to prepare these delicious food.


grilled chicken

grilled pork chops marinated in our homemade barbeque sauce



bulalo/beef shank

of course, sawsawan ng bulalo, fish sauce with siling labuyo and calamansi


What did you guys prepare for your family last Christmas and New Year's Eve?

9 comments:

For media noche we mostly made chinese food-- yang chow, pancit, etc. I'm becoming hungry! Happy new year!

bulalo!! yum!! we had kare-kareng bagnet last nye :D something different too!! happy new year to you :D

Rovie
The Bargain Doll
:)

I like your bulalo and sawsawan, hmmmm. I was craving for soup on new year's eve, our prepared dishes mostly fried one.

ngutom nmn aq dun sa grilled chicken dear!! ang sarap lng!! pti yung bulalo! how i miss them though I always have chicken din dito since puro chicken sa malaysia. Still luto sa pilipinas ay iba prin! happy new year dear! xx

Cool!! ang sarap tignan nung bulalo.. kami, Fettuccine ang handa plus the good ol' chicken litson and crispy pata.. :)

I love the holidays especially the food, haha! My family and I shared Callos, Nilagang Baka, herbed and spiced pasta and macaroni salad--this was for new year =)

http://thisislovelee.blogspot.com/

Oh wow! I love callos. Haven't eaten that in a while, no one knows how to cook it here in my husband's side kasi :)))

WOW! Fettuccine and cripy pata??? YUM!!!

Ohmy!!! I'm craing for grilled pork chop and when I saw your post mannn I so wanna cook one haha

Sorry for the late comment. I'e been busy since last December and I was the one who prepared and cooked for Christmas Eve and New Year's Eve foods. We had lechon, paella, pasta, spring rolls, cake, ice cream, hmmmm and a lot more ^ ^

Happy belated New Year to you and to your family <3

xoxo
Yesha

Post a Comment

April and the City is the brain child of beauty and fashion blogger, Miss April. She wanted to find an outlet where she can share her love for food and travel adventures with the family, thus, this blog was born.
instagram photos
Don’t miss out on the latest news, reviews, giveaways and updates straight to your inbox, subscribe today!

Copyright © 2012 palatable musings of an asian wanderer, All Right Reserved. Design by Style Diaries and Java Templates Powered by Blogger